Village of Clarendon Hills
Police Assistant (Part-Time)
The Village of Clarendon Hills (8,427) is seeking to fill the part-time position of Police Assistant. Under direction of the Assistant to the Police Chief, this position shares responsibility for police records and clerical office functions of the Police Department. Work involves responsibility for maintenance of paper and digital records and files; providing customer service at the police desk; entering computer data and completion of related reports; and the provision of general clerical support for the department. Applicants must show high level customer service skills and the ability to diffuse difficult situations. This is a part-time position scheduled for 25 hours a week, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.
· Graduate from high school (or GED) supplemented by college courses or clerical training.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to coordinate shared responsibilities with coworkers to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain police department records and prepare routine reports.
· Excellent customer service skills. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and the general public, and to convey concise and accurate information by telephone, in person and in writing.
· Well developed skills in the use of personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Office, general computer use, as well as typing.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
Benefits include IMRF, paid vacation, sick and holidays, plus opportunity to participate in flexible spending and voluntary life insurance. Position starts at $21.31/hour. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is open until filled. Resumes should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic Openings - The process for hiring Firefighter/Paramedics is separate. Click here for more details.
The Village is looking for volunteers to work on special projects as needed. If you are interested in becoming a Municipal Volunteer, please send a letter identifying your skills and availability to Village Hall, 1 N Prospect Avenue, Clarendon Hills, Illinois 60514. Your letter will be kept on file and called upon, as needed, or may apply for specific posted volunteer opportunities.
Unsolicited applications or resumes will not be accepted. Those interested in employment with the Village are encouraged to visit this web page to find available job opportunities. The Village of Clarendon Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer.