Downtown REVITALIZATION project - update page
The Downtown Revitalization Project is a set of public improvements designed to enhance the viability and pedestrian safety of Downtown Clarendon Hills. The project includes three components: 1) Prospect & Burlington Avenue Improvements; 2) Prospect Avenue Railroad Crossing Improvements; 3) Inbound & Outbound Train Station Improvements. The Downtown Revitalization Project is scheduled to start in fall 2019 and be completed in 2020. Information about alternate Commuter and Blue Dot Permit Parking during this project is posted [here].
Get notified when updates are posted by clicking here.
PROJECT UPDATE - TRAIN STATION
- 2/05/2020 - Removal of Hill along platform hillside underway to make way for earth retention wall, covered shelters, and stormwater management systems.
- 1/22/2020 - Tree removal begins along the inbound platform hillside.
- 1/8/2020 - Demolition of the train station begins. Please be aware of your surroundings when visiting the train station. Be safe.
- 1/7/2020 - As of today, the train station will be permanently closed. A temporary warming shelter has been provided along Prospect Av for our commuters. Parking in the east aisle of the South Lot will be fenced-in early that morning to accommodate contractors’ machinery and crew. Learn more about alternative locations for commuter and permit parking by visiting www.clarendonhills.us/altparking.
- 1/6/2020 - Groundbreaking Ceremony. All are welcome.
- 12/21/2019 - Temporary Commuter Shelter installed. The temporary shelter will be made available prior to the demolition of the "old" train station building after January 6, 2020.
- 12/14/2019 - The south bicycle shelter was demolished on Saturday, December 14, 2019, to make way for the temporary commuter warming shelter. Bicycles remaining under or in the vicinity of the shelter were removed and delivered to the Police Department. Please call 630-286-5460 if you have any questions.
- 11/14/2019 - Preconstruction Meeting held with BNSF Engineering and Inspection Team
- 11/7/2019 - Preconstruction Meeting held with John Burns Construction
- 10/7/2019 - Village Awards Train Station Contract to John Burns Construction Company
PROJECT UPDATE - STREETSCAPE
- 1/22/2020 - Village Board approves supplemental engineering agreement for Phase I of the streetscape improvements.
- 12/27/2019 - The memorial plaque in front of Village Hall has been removed to be replated. A new monument will be constructed as part of the streetscape and front lawn improvements in 2020.
- 11/14/2019 - Preconstruction Meeting held with IDOT and ALamp Concrete. Streetscape Project will begin in spring 2020.
- 10/10/2019 - State of Illinois Awards Streetscape Contract (Phase I) to ALamp Concrete
PROJECT UPDATE - GATES