Downtown REVITALIZATION project - update page
The Downtown Revitalization Project is a set of public improvements designed to enhance the viability and pedestrian safety of Downtown Clarendon Hills. The project includes three components: 1) Prospect & Burlington Avenue Improvements; 2) Prospect Avenue Railroad Crossing Improvements; 3) Inbound & Outbound Train Station Improvements. The Downtown Revitalization Project is scheduled to start in fall 2019 and be completed in 2020. Information about alternate Commuter and Blue Dot Permit Parking during this project is posted [here].
- Gates. This week the BNSF gate crew began installing the new mechanics in the new service shed, located now on the west side of Prospect Avenue. Installation of the new gates is scheduled for later next week, weather permitting. Short term detours and lane closure are expected while the crew is installing the new gate system. Please be patient and safe during these periods.
- Punchlist items, including the metal railings in front of Village Hall, will be completed in Spring 2021.
- Train Station – Inbound Shelters. As of December 30, 2020, the station officially has permanent electrical service. Concrete walkways along the inbound platform and at Prospect Avenue are being installed today, with completion expected later next week. The concrete around the main shelter contains a snow-melt system that will prevent icing and negate salt usage around the shelter. Benches have been installed under the shelters and along the inbound platform. Carpenters are hand-crafting the hardwood bench inside the main shelter. Heaters and lights and the building façade detailing should be completed before the end of the month, weather permitting. The contractor hopes to open the station and commuter parking lot for public use by February. Exterior lighting, landscaping, fencing, and other finishing touches will be completed in spring 2021.
- Train Station – Outbound Shelter. This part of the project has been scheduled to start in spring 2021
- Burlington Plaza/Alley. Survey work continues in preparation for a project kickoff before the end of January.
Previous postings can be found here [link].