Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Normally at the end of October, we see goblins and ghouls wander the meandering streets of Clarendon Hills in hopes of a candy bar or two. This year, however, we need to alter our Halloween traditions due to Covid-19. We ask that the residents follow the guidelines provided by the DuPage Health Officials**. Parents need to make the decision on whether or not there children are well enough to engage in trick or treating. Residents are asked to be respectful of others decisions regarding Halloween*.
Clarendon Hills Trick or Treating hours are October 31st from 3 pm to 7 pm
We have a few important reminders if you do choose to trick or treat.
· Face coverings (masks) and hand sanitizers are strongly encouraged;
· Keep social distancing in mind when out with your group;
· It’s highly recommended to avoid having kids touching doorbells;
· Remind trick or treaters to STOP and look prior to crossing streets;
· Be sure the gremlins wear proper shoes, face coverings and that their costumes are not too long which can create tripping hazards;
· Be sure kids wash their hands prior to diving into their favorite treats; and
· It’s best to find creative, safe ways to hand out candy this year. Gloves and masks are recommended for candy givers.
If for any reason, you don’t care to have pirates, witches and superheroes knocking on your door, simply don’t decorate your yard, keep outside lights off and close curtains. This is a clear polite sign for them to move on to the next enchanted home or if you prefer you can use the provided sign.
*download No Trick or Treating Sign here.
** download IL Dept. of Health Halloween Guidance here.