- You Are Here:
- Community Development
Through its ongoing planning activities and work with community volunteers, the Community Development Department strives to improve the Village’s quality of life and services by creating the right balance of new development with the preservation of existing neighborhoods.
The Department assists businesses and individuals interested in:
- Purchasing or developing property (platting, subdivisions, development review);
- Undertaking construction projects (permitting, inspections);
- Property Maintenance/Code Enforcement Inquiries; and
- Opening or relocating businesses (certificates of occupancy, land use regulations).
The Department is also responsible for assisting with:
- requests for zoning variations and map amendments (zoning map);
- requests for plats of subdivision, resubdivision, dedication, and vacation;
- requests for annexation;
- implementation of the village comprehensive plan and its components (Downtown Master Plan, 55th Street Sub-Area Plan); and
- management of the village’s Ogden Tax Increment Finance (TIF) District.
- Development Review Application (PDF)
- Annexation Process (PDF)
- Building Codes
- Cost Recovery Form (PDF)
- Municipal Code, including Zoning Code (see Chapter 20)
- Planned Unit Development Process (PDF)
- Rezoning & Conditional Use Process (PDF)
- Subdivision Process (PDF)
- Variation Checklist (PDF)
- Variation Process (PDF)