NOTICE - As of March 17th, the Village will be restricting public access to all municipal facilities in order to comply with social distancing recommendations from the Governor’s office, the Illinois Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”). All operations will continue to operate with this closure; however, access will be moved to electronic means wherever possible or reasonable. All building permits will only be accepted electronically in PDF format at firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are available below. Please direct all building, zoning, and inspection related calls to 630-286-5410 or email email@example.com.
The Village Municipal Code establishes rules and regulations for constructing, erecting, enlarging, remodeling, altering, repairing, raising, lowering, underpinning, moving or wrecking of buildings, structures, or portions thereof and to regulate the location, equipment, use and occupancy thereof, in order to promote public health and safety. Any person planning to perform work in connection with the construction, erection, enlargement, remodeling, altering, repair, raising, lowering, underpinning, moving or wrecking of any building, structure or portion is required to first apply for and obtain a building permit.
Forms & Applications
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Cost Recovery Form (PDF)
- New Water Service and Meter Agreement (PDF)
- Covenant for Private Improvements within the Right-of-Way (PDF)
- DuPage County Stormwater Management Permit Application
- DuPage Co Health Department Food Program Plan Review
- Certificate of Occupancy Application (business only)
- Streets, Driveways and Aprons (PDF)
- Lawn Sprinkler Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Accessory Structures including patios, decks, sheds, and detached garages (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Fire Pits and Outdoor Fireplaces
- New Single-Family or Additions greater than 800 SF Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Single-Family Additions less than 800 SF Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Buildings (PDF)
- Required Inspections (PDF)
Downers Grove Accessor
Twice per month, the Village is required to present copies of all permits issued over the previous fifteen (15) days to the Downers Grove Township Assessor’s Office. In accordance with the State of Illinois Property Tax Code, the township assessment officials are required to inspect real estate for the purposes of assessment. Questions regarding assessment should be directed to Downers Grove Assessor Gregory A. Boltz, CIAO, CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.